Saturday, May 22, 2021

BEING A GARDENER

 

BEING A GARDENER

5/21/21

Being a gardener I have to work hard.
Use every fiber, strength and energy.  
With weeds, bugs, diseases, birds, rabbits, snakes, and deers.
This morning I weeded carefully before I planted 4 tomatoes and 1 yellow squash.
And in a different spot I planted  5 bell peppers, and 8 peanuts.
Behind the bell pepper was 2 bushes of  Lemon  Grass.
The soil has tilled 1 week ago, already showing baby grass growing.

Around 11:00 P:M I go into the house to fixed a meal.
Rice, asparagus, and fish.  
The asparagus I harvest from the garden everyday.
Dessert was tapioca mung beans.
Refreshing for the Summer.
A simple meal all of us ate in silence.
Silence means good.


I used to be weak but not anymore.
Thanks to the garden, that taught me a lesson.
Everything I work hard does give me a deep spirit of joy.

HBTT

No comments:

Post a Comment