Thursday, May 20, 2021

For The love of Pawpaws

Pawpaws are a mystery fruit by its name.

And how it lives?

They grew wild along in the shading raven, without tender loving care.

 And the good news the birds and the squirrels don't seem to bother.


Sr.Maria pick pawpaws and got 5 mosquitos bites.

I thank her for picking and silently for her sacrifice.

Then the next time, together we pick pawpaws.

Thank God my guardian angel protected me without mosquitos and bugs bites.

It was an adventure to pick pawpaws.

I hardly see the fruit on a gloomy day.

The leaves and the fruits are camouflage

However; Sr.Maria has a strong determination.

The long picking fruit picker she put on maximizes.

The tree was tall and you have to aim at a certain angle.

With patience for a long period of time your arm and neck can get sore.

But it was worth the effort when I ate the pawpaws.

Delicious! Creamy, sweet and rich like from the tropical fruit.

Sr.Maria told me pawpaws tasted like banana, and for me, it tasted like a mango.

I did research, and very suprised we both were somewhat right, google said, 

taste like "banana, mango, pineapple, and vanilla."

This fruit was a historical trace back from the Native Americans.


A TRUE STORY ABOUT PAWPAWS ***

 When I visited Terre Haute last year from May 1-August 2019 toward the day I went back to Oklahoma.  Jenni and I went out to pick pawpaws, she was so energetic, and excited to pick the fruit.  It was my 1st time.  I was clueless about pawpaw.  I saw her shaking the tree and I heard the fruits drop.  We didn't have a fruit picker at that time.  One day we went out to check for pawpaw and a few sisters laughed at me because I shook the wrong tree.  The tree is so tall I cannot look up every tree because it hurts my neck.  Then one of the sisters said there are a few big pawpaws and we cannot reach.  Then at that time because of pawpaw, sr.Anne brought us a fruit picker.  Sr.Marie Theresa and I got a few big pawpaws and even with a picker it was a challenge with both of us to pick the fruit.  Then I remember the day that I was about to go back to OK.  In the morning Jenni put one big pawpaw on the table where I sat.  And I was curious, and later on.  I asked and it was Jenni.  I gave back to Jenni because I already ate one.  The day before that I went out to check on Pawpaws and I pray God gave me one pawpaw.  I shook the tree and one drop.  God has answered my wish and I am still happy with one pawpaw God gave to me.  I put it in my room and the fragrance filling my little cell, that night I cannot even sleep.  I like the smell of pawpaws, the smell of mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment