Saturday, May 22, 2021

A BOUNDLESS JOY OF FOLDING KUSUDAMAS

 



kusudama means medicine ball or meditation.
It's a good way to practice patience,
By folding 30 little pieces of paper into a ball.
I discovered kusudama before I knew about PFW.
For 5 years, I have been folding almost daily.

The Lord knows best what will happen to me
The difficult trail of being tested, and hardship.
Just 2 years of enjoying folding.
My community lost our monastery,
A transition of moving into a new house.
I donated all my artworks, I just established an art gallery.

Living in a new home, was a time of grieving.
Some elderly sisters getting disoriented.
It was devastated, that one elderly sister get Alzheimer's. 
And another one keep asking "Is this a restaurant?"
Then 2 sisters battle with their cancer.

Luckily I have 4 books of kusudamas, almost learned them all.
Inspiration a few new designs I created.
I fold one of a kind, if I like them I will fold 3 of the same diagram.

Through worrisome if without a hobby I may end up depressed.
Thank God for the hobby that keeps my soul fresh and rich.
I get to enjoy and the poor can get their clean water. 
Living Water like the story from the Wells God met the Samaritan women.
The water God gives you will never thirst again.

 ABOUT PAPER FOR WATER

It’s wonderful to be involved with the PFW for the last 5 years.  The CEO was started by the 2 sisters Isabella and Katerine Adams; they lived in Dallas, Texas.  This is their 10 years anniversary.  They have changed and help so many lives by folding 1 piece of paper at a time.  At The Beginning of May, 2021.  Her parents and Trinity the youngest girl came to see me.  I was overjoyed to see them again for the fourth time we met.  Debora told me this year will be even better, just this month there are 2 companies that will give big donations.  For the last 10 years, they have already raised more than 2 million. Last year with the cov-19 they did a marvelous job raising 21 water wells. Last January during the ice storm their office got flooded, and The Container Store donated some shelves and donated more supplies.  That's even better than before.


No comments:

Post a Comment